Nav Bar

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Movement: Detroit 2014



This Memorial Day weekend I was asked by event coverage blog MODE Detroit to help cover the annual Movement Electronic Music Festival, a three day music event held in Downtown Detroit's Hart Plaza.

Hart Plaza
Camp Detroit artist John Rizzo's Portal instillation

Dantiez Saunderson
Dantiez Saunderson 
on the Made in Detroit Stage
during the "Origins" Showcase
In my, now, five years of attending the festival this was my first year attending as part of the press; an experience I hope to repeat for future festivals. I kicked the festival off with a raspberry, cran., pineapple vodka and kicked back in one of the hammocks hanging about the VIP area.

Man I love VIP life. But, it's not just the short lines at the booze tents or the ability to skirt around large crowds with ease that makes that wrist band that reads "photo" so nice. It's the ability to put my camera between myself and some truly amazing human beings. Events are where I feel most comfortable as a photographer, relying on muscle memory and quick eyes to capture the ever evolving scene around me. As a dj, photographer, and fan of electronic music; covering this festival and interfacing with such amazing people for three days made this a truly inspiring experience.

More of my festival images on flickr
My festival wrap on MODEDetroit
Feature post on the Detroit Techno Milita
More about Movement  Movement-us


Movement_2014_129
Ryan Hemsworth plays to captivated crowed on the Moog Stage
T. Linder, Dj. Seoul, & Dj. Psychoof the Detroit Techno Militia




No comments:

Post a Comment