Nav Bar

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Life Drawing at Mighty Good Coffee: Round 7 (Control those line weights!)

This week I had one simple goal, control my line weights. Here's why.


I drew this guy last week and loved it instantly. I liked the shapes. I liked the flow. I liked the expression. Then I totally screwed up the inking. The more I tried to fix, the more it got away from me. When all the dust cleared, it was mess. After I finish the personal project that I'm doing now, I'll revisit this sketch and ink it correctly.

I broke several rules of sketching people with my drawings this week, but I was more delicate with my line weights (with and exception or two). So, I'll call today a success.

This guys is a bit boring. One of my goals for next week is to introduce a story for each drawing.

Shame on you Dave. Never draw just a bust!

I love this guys hair. It was everywhere, suddenly......all at once.


Also, T minus 4 weeks and counting until I'm off to Montreal for the Schoolism Live Workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment